When a social media or online crisis strikes, the negativity that surrounds your brand can dominate the search engines, fast. Whether you’ve already been hit with an online attack that has impacted your brand’s search engine rankings and online credibility, or wish to protect your brand from such an incident in advance, Melissa Agnes Crisis Management has a powerful online reputation management team that will help you through any type of brand-damaging situation.
Here’s how we will help you manage and protect your online reputation, pre, during and post-crisis
SEO for crisis management
There are strategic ways to empower your website, blog and social media channels to be, what we at Melissa Agnes Crisis Management call, “crisis management optimized”.
Ideally, optimizing your corporate web presence to be online crisis-ready is something that should be done before an online crisis risks negatively impacting your brand’s reputation. However, that’s not to say that if you find yourself in such a situation right now, that nothing can be done to help you overcome the online attacks against your brand.
We provide our clients with white-hat SEO for crisis management strategies and services, pre, during and post-crisis situations, that will properly optimize your online presence, enabling you to rise above any negativity that is currently damaging, or risks overpowering, your brand’s online reputation.
Our search engine optimization (SEO) for crisis management services include:
- A thorough written analysis of your current website and other channels’ SEO strengths and weaknesses (i.e.: your targeted keywords and their rankings, potential or current crisis-related keywords, your website’s on-page SEO, industry-related directory listings, canonical URL issues, CSS and HTML validation, on-site search capabilities and more)
- Implementation of on-site and off-site search engine optimization strategies, complete with a thorough report of all enhancements implemented
- A thorough analysis and report, 6 to 8 weeks post implementation, assessing your corporate website’s up-dated search engine rankings
- Are being attacked online by an anonymous source who has a one-minded goal of ruining your brand’s online reputation
- Find yourself at the mercy of a competitor or unhappy customer who is utilizing a past bad experience or mistake to discredit your brand online
- Are experiencing fake and anonymous accounts and/or websites being published with the sole purpose of shining your company or organization in the most negative of lights possible
Then the first step is to determine who is responsible for this online negativity and to get them to stop attacking your brand, as quickly and quietly as possible.
Sometimes this is an easy task. Other times, the culprit has done a good job at protecting their identity and it takes some real cyber-investigative work to figure out who is responsible, putting an end to their shenanigans.
Melissa Agnes Crisis Management has a team of cyber-investigators on-the-ready to help you determine who the guilty party is and strategically persuade them to stop attacking your brand online.
Internet defamation law
Internet defamation is a serious issue – and the courts agree. Today, there exists more and more laws that can help you get defamatory online content removed and banned from Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Melissa Agnes Crisis Management works closely with attorneys who specialize in Internet defamation law and there are more and more options out there than you may currently be aware of. We will help you assess your current situation and evaluate what legal options are available to you, providing you with the guidance and legal services necessary to properly protect your brand’s online reputation.
Things like statute of limitations and a direct loss of income can work against you when it comes to dealing with Internet defamation. That’s why it’s so important to tackle the issue as soon as it surfaces. Don’t wait for it to be too late. If you’re being defamed online, contact Melissa Agnes Crisis Management now.
What is Internet defamation and what are your options?
Watch these videos to learn more about Internet defamation and the options that lay before you:
Email: Melissa (at) MelissaAgnesCrisisManagement (dot) com