When a crisis strikes it can take mere minutes to go viral, leaving you with an overwhelming flood of negative attacks against your brand online. Without being properly prepared with an online / social media crisis management plan and the proper training, your company will be left vulnerable, leaving your reputation and bottom-line to suffer the most damage.
Melissa Agnes Crisis Management will empower your team with the tools, training and confidence to be able to detect and respond to any type of online threat – the right way.
We’re strong believers in being prepared for the worst, before the worst happens. That’s why much of our time is spent helping major organizations – from global organizations to Universities, non-profits, public companies, government agencies, and many others – protect themselves with a thorough and complete online and social media crisis management plan. Let us do the same for you.
Our online / social media crisis planning and prevention services include:
Vulnerability Audit / Risk Assessment
With a thorough vulnerability audit, Melissa Agnes Crisis Management will help you identify all current vulnerabilities and online / social media crisis scenarios that risk threatening your brand.
The goal of a thorough vulnerability audit is to:
- Identify all risk that social media and the Internet present to your company or organization
- Identify all internal areas of communications and operations that leave you vulnerable
- Assess all current and potential areas of weakness that present risks to your organization, including but not limited to: your corporate website, online security, search engine optimization for crisis-specific scenarios and more
Once a thorough vulnerability audit has been completed and the findings assessed, the next step is to help you prevent all preventable crisis situations, strengthen all areas of communications and operations that need strengthening, and help you plan and prepare for the unpreventable risks that threaten, or risk threatening, your brand online.
Online / Social Media Crisis Planning
With the speed at which news on the Internet travels, and without the proper online crisis communications plan, monitoring systems and policies and procedures in-place, how can you expect to overcome an online attack in record time and with little to no repercussions to your brand’s reputation or bottom-line?
In order to maximize on your entire team’s preparedness, Melissa Agnes Crisis Management will help you develop a thorough and targeted online / social media crisis management plan that will enable you to successfully and confidently manage and overcome any type of online crisis situation.
Each one of our social media crisis management plans are custom-created for each of our clients’ particular online crisis management needs and vulnerabilities. However, in general, your brand’s social media crisis management plan should include a minimum of the following:
- Clear definitions of what both social media crises and social media issues are and mean to your organization
- Red flags and identification methods for detecting current and potential online threats
- Social media issues and crisis communications plans and procedures
- Online crisis and issues management policies and procedures
- Public online policies adapted for each of your online platforms
- Internal crisis communications plans
- Targeted holding statements, adapted for each online and social media platform
- Clearly defined crisis teams and their members
- Online crisis management triage charts, forms and checklists
- Post-crisis “documenting and reporting” procedures and forms
- A detailed crisis management glossary, leaving little room for misinterpretations
Once your online crisis management plan is complete, we will proceed to train each member of your staff for proper use of the plan in high-pressure, online crisis situations.
Staff and Crisis Team Training
Once your social media crisis management plan is complete, it does no good if your staff and crisis team(s) aren’t properly trained to execute the many policies and procedures detailed within the plan. In order for your crisis plan to be more than a bunch of words in a document, your entire staff needs to understand what is expected of them in a crisis and what their roles and responsibilities consist of.
Melissa Agnes Crisis Management offers complete staff and crisis team training, along with crisis simulations exercises and online media training, that will provide your C-Suite executives, frontline employees, spokespersons, marketing and PR teams – and everyone in between – with the skills, experience and confidence to successfully handle any type of online crisis situation.
Our staff and crisis team training services include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough training on your company’s online / social media crisis management plan
- Internal communications for crisis management training
- Social media monitoring training
- Online media training
- Social media crisis simulations
- Table-top exercises
Email: Melissa (at) MelissaAgnesCrisisManagement (dot) com